this 'ere calender idea....

right then, this calender idea, scantily-clad women and land rovers, darn good idea.
questions are...
print-run, selling to the folks on here and anyone else who might want
one, how many do you reckon we could shift? 100? 1000?
sponsorship, to keep costs down I could tap folks like the beamends-dude for a few for a mention on the calender, good plan? I don't want it to end up plastered with adverts, just maybe half a dozen repeated on every page.
size, A3? A4?
women, bikini? topless? nude? I'm inclined to make this one family-friendly.
I reckon with some organising I could get the use of 12 land rovers and take some shots of say 2? models with each, they'll likely be different girls each time as I'll use local models from wherever I'm going to photograph the land rovers. Anyone who's land rover is used gets a free calender, or gets one half price. I don't yet have a quote for printing costs but as long as I can break-even on this project I'm happy.
Any thoughts boys and girls?
Anyone here work for a printers and can get me a fat discount?
Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
On or around Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:02:52 +0100, MVP

Gawd knows. Might be able to get LRE or somesuch to hawk 'em, and/or stick an ad. in for 'em at the appropriate time of year.

yeah, wants to be non-nude, definitely. Unless, of course, you do a "garage" version. but even in garages, calendars of nude birds are on the decline.
models, now, lessee, you have SI, SII, SIII, defender, disco I, disco II, Rangie classic, P38, "new" rangie, 101, that's 10 different models already. Lightweight and rapier tractor would make a round dozen. I think to appeal to all the nutters you have to represent all the landies. Hmmm. I don't seem to have a freelander... perhaps that could go instead of the rapier tractor, which is after all not that different from a 110.

sadly not.
I reckon with the right marketing it'd sell, though.
format. hmmm. A3 folded on long side and hanging vertically makes quite a good calendar, you get an A4 landscape picture at the top and an A4 landscape month page at the bottom.
The BBC Countryfile calendar is above the desk here, in that format, but the lower panel has the main calendar in an 8.5" square grid with 5 rows of 7 squares for days (5 weeks, monday to sunday, and the appropriate days for the month in question are done with more intense headings - the bit form last month and from next month have fain headings) There's also a 6th row which is a space for notes. That lot is on the right of the page, on the left is a small (about 3" wide) extra image (which would fit with your idea of 2 images of each motor) at the top and little mini-calendars for the previous and next month.
hmmm. talk about a picture being worth a thousand words... bugger, bloody camera batteries are flat... like this:
http://www.roman-road.co.uk/temp/calendar.jpg
crap picture, I know. I've lost about an inch off the bottom, and it's not sharp. ICBA to do it properly... and using flash made a shiny spot in the middle.
seems a good format, and lets you have 24 pictures instead of 12, which makes a nice "bonus" feel, even if the calendar costs more.
There's also a small "dead" space on the Countryfile one, just below the small picture. You could get a small advert in there, if they sponsorship idea worked - 12 ads from 12 people, or fewer ads more times.
What about doing a charity thing? will it sell enough to be worthwhile? The countryfile one is in aid of children in need, for example, hence the little pudsey at the bottom.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,

As I thought, bikini's it is.

Already had an offer of a pink panther, I have ideas of a couple of girls in camoflage pattern bikinis maybe.

That leaves a nice panel for some sponsor ads mebbe.

Have to have a think about that when I get a printing quote but I'll happily up the price a bit and bung posh-ted a few quid or I'm open to ideas for other charities, I've done some stuff for breast cancer research recently.
Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
MVP wrote:

Posh Ted and his scantily clad friends for the calendar piccies ?
Steve
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:12:15 +0100, Steve Taylor

I thought about trying to get him into as many photos as possible, trouble is he'll likely be doing the shows through the summer and I won't be, I'll be shooting as and when.
Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
Don't forget the odd Land Rovers i.e. Centaur and the Cuthbutson and may be even the Forest Rover :-))))
Rich
-- To reply remove " spam "
enlightened us thusly:

stick
already.
appeal
the
idea
bloody
not
Hello, MVP!
Well....I'd put Piglet forward (http://www.pigletsplace.com ) ...and maybe Owl? I'm sure they'd love the attentions of a couple of models ;-)
Oh...and er .. slight hijack of the post .. for the mud-club members, I am trying to rasie some Posh Ted charity money : http://forums.mud-club.com/viewtopic.php?ts41
Yes - I'm going to strip Piglet!!!!
I'll dress him again later tho!
--
Neil

4.4 V8 Range Rover Vogue - 'Owl'
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:47:22 +0000 (UTC), "computer"

I was going to say that I should have a V8 disco in the summer but Piglet is a serious looking dude! definatly be interested in using him.
Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
M> I was going to say that I should have a V8 disco in the summer but M> Piglet is a serious looking dude! definatly be interested in using M> him.
No worries ;-)
And...as I said, if you need a new shape Range Rover 3 .... Owl is available - on or offroad ;-)
--
Neil

4.4 V8 Range Rover Vogue - 'Owl'
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:07:17 +0000 (UTC), "computer"

A new-shape rangie? coo. where are you based?
Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
Hello, MVP!
Northampton ;-)
--
Neil

4.4 V8 Range Rover Vogue - 'Owl'
.....but we can travel .... we like driving ;-)
--
Neil

4.4 V8 Range Rover Vogue - 'Owl'
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:34:30 +0000 (UTC), "computer"
We'll likely detour to come to you, especially as you'll have some locations nearby to use won't you? ;o) ;o)
Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
Oh..er....I've got my own company too......but it's computer based. Will run it past the partner... ;-)
--
Neil

4.4 V8 Range Rover Vogue - 'Owl'
MVP wrote:

Mark, I run my own Fire Alarm company, if it was sponsered by us as well as the LR stuff we could arrange something?
Mail me direct & I'll give you my mobile number!
BTW, Bikini is best, nude is frowned upon in the work place (thats where I would be sending my copies!!)
Could be a winner matey!
Nige
--
Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:50:03 +0100, "Nige"

email en-route.
Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
Since there are many women interested in LR what about making this a bit more equal - interspersing a few pics of some male hunks doing butch things with their cars - that would attract the gay market too!

On or around Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:41:21 +1000, "Viviane"

That's not a bad idea; if you go with the 2-photo format you could mix in male and female models, maybe. I don't think my physique would sell many calendars, though.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"Chuck didn't reply, so George swung round in his saddle. He could just
Since there are many women interested in LR what about making this a bit more equal - interspersing a few pics of some male hunks doing butch things with their cars - that would attract the gay market too!
That's not a bad idea; if you go with the 2-photo format you could mix in male and female models, maybe. I don't think my physique would sell many calendars, though. -------
Austin
You could always model with your *Tea Cosy*
For those not too sure what I mean, have a look here http://www.lobsternet.org/afl scroll down to Austin's photo which I assume he must of submitted himself & all will become clear...... (^---^)
in article d2hmkr$rd7$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk, Dilligaf at snipped-for-privacy@thisisp.com wrote on 31/3/05 9:30 pm:

I'll second the suggestion
--