94 Disco Tow Bar

Hi All

Need to Remove Tow Bar & Fit to another disco 94 as it is a Slide Type

What do I Do for this ?

Regards Skinty

Reply to
Skinty

Angle Grinder.

Seriously ...

Remove rear bumper for easier access to the two bolts that mount top of towing plate to chassis rail / crossmember, then two bolts on each chassis rail that hold the two 'arms' of the tow bar. It's highly recommended to replace these bolts and nuts and in my case the easiest way to remove them was with an Angle Grinder. ;)

Re-fitting is a reversal of the procedure ... ;) Though, in my case, I found it wasier to fit the plate loosely first, then the arms and tighten bolts up when all is straight.

Not that mine ever stays straight for long ... I've bent yet another [1] bloody towbar arm. I think I'll have to make some heavy duty things up or get a Southdown tank guard so I can remove the towing bracket altogether ... ;)

[1] Third one in six years or so.
Reply to
Paul - xxx