Tow bar and transit luton

Hello group,

I have a transit luton 3.5 ton 1994 with tail lift.

I would like to fit a tow bar to this. There is a gap between the body and the tail lift so it shouldn't get in the way of the tail lift.

Do I need a standard transit tow bar?

I have seen another like my own transit and they just bolted the tow ball onto the bottom beam of the tail lift which looking at the metal there didn't seem like a good idea.

Advice please.

Reply to
david.cawkwell

The message from snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net contains these words:

Where are you?

QuickFit[1] in North London are very good at unusual things like this.

[1] Not KwikFit, who are a bunch of idiots. QuickFit run by Stuart Quick are a proper company who make seatbelts and towing things.
Reply to
Guy King

Also bear in mind that if you are using this vehicle for commercial purposes, the towing of a trailer will mean you need a tachograph, and possibly operators licence.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat