tow bar nissan primera

i have a Nissan primera L reg hatch back with a tow bar will it fit a Nissan primera s reg estate could do with saving the £150.plus vat i have been quoted to have a new one fitted

Reply to
stuart tyrer

Tow bars have to be "type approved" it's the law!

This means that the tow bar must be approved to fit and be safe on the car that it is fitted to, so in other words, a tow bar off one car will not be legal on another, even if you can make it fit.

Dont bugger about and get an approved tow bar.

Regards Slim

Reply to
Slim

Definitely don't mess about on this like Slim says.

Fit one Stuart, it will cost max about £80 from somewhere like the nuneaton towbars...and your time. I can vouch this, not the most complex job you would ever take on but it has to be very secure and the electrics should be solid/fully working to be legal or you are playing with fire.

Reply to
antonyf

The message from "Slim" contains these words:

And that's what he's asking.

For example, the bar from a Saxo fits a Pug 106 and something Citroeny.

Reply to
Guy King

I'd be a bit surprised if the towbar from a hatch would be the same as the model for an estate though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Type approval is only required for newer cars. Quite when "newer" is though I don't recall. I thought it was more like '97 than '94.

Reply to
adder1969

After 1st August 1998.

Chris