95 Disco questions and problems

I just purchased a 95 Disco as-is from a dealer I work for. I knew the power steering gearbox had a lean from one of the seals.. Well I drove it down the street and fueled it with 89 octane which i thought was the min neeeded for the disco.. Drove it one mile to a friends house where it got hard to start 30 mins later. Actually it would not start and it seemed like it was not getting any gas.. So my questions

1) Has anyone had any problems with getting the key stuck in the ignition? I seem to have that problem at the moment 2) Is it worth buying the remote entry fob for the disco? Mine didnt have it. any idea on the going rate? 3) I was thinking of going to a new radio, perhaps something that was mp3 based, or just keeping the stock radio and using an apple itunes.. I remember reading somewhere that the Disco radio goes into an Amp somewhere, if I use a new radio, I should just use the RCA outputs then?

As a New Owner, I appreciate any assistance.

James

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
James Keller

James;

Reply to
thesnowbaron

RE the radio:

Make sure you have RCA Pre-outs on your new head unit. You can make a short lead that joins the loom to power the amp when you swap out the head unit.

I'm taking my Sony MiniDisc HU out this weekend, I'll take some pics of the wire mod from the RCA connectors.

H.

Congratulations. Great, innit? :)

I thought it wasn't and spent 3 months swearing every time I wanted just to get into the loadspace because the alarm was armed when I locked the driver's door. Found a place that sells the fobs, and does so cheaper than list (assuming you can get them), they come complete with instructions. Check out

- great people. You'll need to know the frequency, which they can help you find out.

Cheers, Aled.

Reply to
Aled Treharne