Disco Questions

Just picked up the Disco, so far very impressed. Some more questions i'm afraid.

When i lock the drivers door with key (No fob) the hazards flash 3 times. When i unlock they flash once. I'm assuming the x3 means imobiliser/alarm engaged and x1 means disengaged. No sign of alarm sounder though

Should i have a fob or not?. So far i have 3 keys, 1 for ignition. 1 for doors and 1 for fuel cap.

Radio wants a code. If LR want money for the code, is there a way for doing it for free?.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

so Dom J was, like...

If you lock with the key, this will lock the doors and enable the perimeter alarm and immobiliser, but not the volumetric alarm for the interior. For that, you must lock with the fob, AIUI.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Hi Dom,

If you've got 3 keys then something has been changed during the vehicles life - most likely the ignition barrel. Yes you should have a fob - all Discoveries left Lode Lane with one - and after market ones are pretty easy to come by. Take a look on eBay.

The light flashing sequence you see is normal, so is the lack of noise. As mentioned elsewhere locking with the key arms the immobiliser plus the alarm for the doors and bonnet but not the interior sensors.

If you remove the radio and take the serial number plus the vehicle's VIN number to your friendly (?) local dealer he'll get you the code; normally for free.

Reply to
SteveG

On or around Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:41:52 +0100, "Dom J" enlightened us thusly:

what age disco?

you should be able to get it from LR. Either that or one of the denizens here may have access to the database.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Look under the rubber mat on the transmission tunnel behind the gear lever,worth a try, thats where my code resided on a sticker in my Disco.

Chris 1990 200Tdi Disco

Reply to
Merlin©

Thanks for you replys. So far i have:

Been to LR main dealer re radio codes. Yes they can help me and yes they can get the code for me for free. But they want to see the logbook, which i have sent off to the DVLC to have my details put on it. Looks like i'll have to wait until Swansea send it back to me.

I had a look in a Haynes book of lies today about the flashing hazards/ locking. May try and get a fob at some point.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

M reg V8i Auto

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

On or around Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:51:32 +0100, "Dom J" enlightened us thusly:

as has been said: fob arms the interior doofrit.

3 flashes is correct. If you do it with the fob and get one long flash instead of 3 short, it means the fob batteries are getting weak.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Or you could check in the books thath came with the vehicle, if you received any. The code should be quoted in a couple of places, perhaps on a small credit-card sized card as well.

Sory if that's stating the obvious, but it's easier than removing the radio, and just might have been overlooked.

Reply to
Natalie Drest