A Snatch in Afghanistan has been attacked with a rocket-propelled grenade

On or around Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:44:41 GMT, SteveG enlightened us thusly:

what, like "too much"? I love the way some of these people allegedly think. Lets use less harmful bullets so they don't hurt people too much.

'course, there's always the fact that one enemy soldier lying wounded and groaning and crying in pain on the battlefield can really screw the enemy's morale.

but I doubt the people investigating it are doing it for that reason.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

'Tis odd. I'm going to shoot to kill, but only a little bit.

Isn't more to do with the fact that a dead soldier can be left for a while, were as a wounded one requires attention of comrades and resources to get him to the medics... If the enemy is tending their wounded, they aren't fighting.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sun, 02 Jul 2006 00:19:08 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

well, yes, there is that, too. wounded men occupy resources that dead ones don't.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

same is true of servers

still p*ss*d off with the data-centre - can you tell?

Reply to
William Tasso

Yes. And on a similar note, if the firewall at my client's site doesn't repsond to a ping inside the next 5 mins (10pm Sunday here) it'll be dead after I finish with it. And it'll cost them a taxi fare as I'm too full of rather good Scotch to consider driving there.

Reply to
EMB

Ok, So which scotch is it......Lots to choose from..?

RichardB

Reply to
RichardB

Spot on Dave. 1 wounded person takes up to 10 fit people to care for him, at least up to the point of getting them to the hospital.

2 battlefield medics to administer first aid 4 stretcher bearers 2 ambulance medics 1 ambulance driver 1 security person in ambulance

Granted you can carry 4 wounded people in a typical ambulance, so that cuts down the overall average but it's still better (?) than having a dead enemy. Twisted minds afoot in the military planning arena :-)

Reply to
SteveG