ac wont work after battery disconnect

my battery went dead and I disconnected it and charged it. I reset the radio code windows etc. but now my ac or atc wont work and I get the book symbol. what can I do? It worked before the battery disconnect. I need a clue. Thank you

Reply to
urdreamn

It might help if you told us what vehicle you are referring to.

Reply to
SimonJ

Mysterious electrical wierdness.

Dead cert. for a P38a

Possibly stuck blend motors?

atc?

David

Reply to
rads

rads wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well, same thing has happened to mine - where are the blend motors?

Reply to
Danny Clarke

Next to the air distribution motors! (see earlier reply to your previous post!).

David

Reply to
rads

rads wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Sorry David, got to this and re[plied before spotting the other very helpful post(s).

Sounds like a bloody nightmare set of procedures. :-(

I have seen that mine fails to shift air anywhere other than demist/screen so that points to a specific motor/assembly.

still a PITA tho'.

Regards,

Dan.

Reply to
Danny Clarke

Somewhere on rangerovers.net there is a photo from a man who had to remove the whole dash assembly. Scared me witless......

Good luck with yours.

David

Reply to
rads

Ahaaaaa!

Thanks to all for the pointers to the various rangerovers.net pages.

I have discovered 2 things:

  1. The mystery battery drain problem is now present (a new Wireless Network has appeared locally, and it keeps waking up the BECM - hence the battery goes flat :-( Tried local LR dealer for the price of the "improved RF Receiver not prone to this interference problem" to be told it's £143.82 sir.

  1. The tip concerning rapid on/off of ignition worked for me in fixing the blend-motor fault as the "stuck" blend motor has "unstuck" (it was the Distribution one, which previously meant windscreen-air only) - Now the book alarm is gone. :-)

So, to the other Gent that was asking, go try all these tips - people on here know what they are talking about.

Regards,

Dan.

Reply to
Danny Clarke

In news:Xns98D3B6FA69E24dannynospamblueyonde@194.117.143.38, Danny Clarke wibbled :

But the wireless network operates in a totally different part of the spectrum. It's possibly another errant wireless keyfob somewhere close. Keyfob ~448MHz, Wifi ~ 2048|GHz

Reply to
GbH

On or around Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:03:59 GMT, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

The mobile phones work at 1.8 GHz, but that doesn't stop it making noises on the car radio when it picks up or drops a cell.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"GbH" wrote in news:eql4ru$2f2$1 @localhost.localdomain:

Hi Geoff, I understand the difference between the two frequencies, it may be that it is a harmonic of one of the WiFi frequencies.

According to the rovernet pages the LR original RF reciever is so poor it can be triggered by wireless burglar alarms, wireless doorbels etc. etc.

I sat in the car last night and watched it go through the shutdown cycle (2-Mins until the PARK LED on the gear-select goes out completely)....and after a random period of time after this it gets woken up again. I was daft enough to sit there through several cycles :-).

I then took the car to a different location and tried the same test. Result = No "re-awakening" of the BECM, so it is deffo something local to my house. Now I've had my WiFi for 2 years and the car has never had a problem. It seems only since these new networks have appeared (one is a BT Home-Hub) that my problem has occured.

going to pull the connection off the Aerial mounted in the rear quarter light glass to see if it stops it.

Ho-Hum.

Reply to
Danny Clarke

I don't think it's likely to be a WiFi network causing the trouble. Much more likely to be something using the same frequency. Could be anything that sends regular "I'm still here" or data such as a wireless alarm system or weather station/thermometer. Trouble is tracking the source down is going to be very hard, you need to ask every neighbour within about 1/4 mile if they have bought *any* wireless kit recently. Then you have to hope they will co-operate in switching it off to see if the problem goes away, which in might not of there is more than one source...

Isn't that just for the radio. The alarm aerial being buried with the BECM somewhere?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Nope.

OP is correct. There is a remote key sensor module located at the right rear of the vehicle, under the trim piece adjacent to the parcel shelf, which does have an aerial lead (very close to radio aerial).

This module detects a remote signal (and if my understanding is correct) then passes it on to the BECM which decided whethr it is a valid signal for unlocking the car. The early modules were pretty indiscriminate in which signals they passed through to the BECM, hence the sleep - wake cycle and flat batteries.

The "new and improved" module passes a much smaller set of frequencies through to the BECM.

I think.

David

Reply to
rads