REQ: 1995 Jetta Radio Reset?

Can anyone tell me how to reset my radio? Someone worked on my car and disconnected the battery. Now the radio is asking for some sort of code before it will play. Help, please.

Reply to
Jeff

Hey Jeff, you have a couple of options, check the front inside of the owners manual (sometimes the saleman write t there) or on a card in the owners packet. Also there is supposed to be a sticker in the truck, I have heard around the spare tire area, couldn't find it on mine. In the worst case senario... the dealer can give you the factory set code for your radio... but he needs the serial number off your radio. This can be obtained from the right side of the radio... yes inside the dash. To get the radio out, requires a special tool.... or you can make your own tool... a good heavy duty, stiff wire coathanger will do the trick.. cut two 8 or 9 inch pieces... bend them in the shape of a "U" to match up with the four holes on the faceplate of your radio... one hole at each corner... insert the "U"'s into the face of the radio at the same time and gently pull the radio out of the dash... not too much so as not to unplug the wires... a couple of inches should allow you to see the serial number.... you may need to pull out the "blank" plug to the right side of the radio..(or at least mine was blank) and shine light into the dash to see the #. Hope this helps, good luck

Reply to
IWishIknew