AFL SHAKESPERE EVENT

If you do, I'll feed you all weekend.

Reply to
Mother

Sorry, although I might bring some clogs along and entertain with some dancing, wrong country I know, but close enough.

That's what I thought, I DO need a reversing light, not to stay legal, but to stop whacking into things.. I have to reverse out of my drive, across a patch of shared ground, then through a small-ish gate so I think I'll be putting a reversing light on ;-) I'll get it legal first, not much call for driving in the dark in the Pinz at the moment, what with it getting light and all that. I'll probably get a pair of Defender reversing lights.

Alas, it has no plates at all of any kind, and for some reason the number plate lights were removed as well, just leaving a few holes. I'll jury-rig something for the test and pester the dealers for pukka items at a later date.

OK, original state is no plates, no number plate lights, and no speeding tickets! Mind you with a 2.5 tonne truck and an 87 BHP engine, speeding's not really on the cards much..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Tim came greenlaning with Lee and me today, and he was driving a shiny new Nissan! Its slightly less shiny now :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sat, 08 Apr 2006 20:20:50 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

Naturally, I've lost the links to the shows... but they can be found again.

The project needs a go/no go from the NFU's engineer, as to whether they'll insure it - if the answer's "no" or "mucho moolah, SVP" then that might scupper it. But on the face of it, it's a Land Rover 12-seat station wagon :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

This Ian Rawlings anon leet fle a fart, As greet as it had been a thonder-dent, That with the strook he was almoost yblent. and said....

Thank you Ian. The keyboard of my laptop is now buggmnznj;o n;lo p;oiug b;kb;u7t de4s nbo iy e5

Reply to
Richard Brookman

pictures uploading as we speak...

Great fun all day! I thought it would be an early bath on the first lane, and I'm amazed that the paintwork seems to be intact.

Thankfully it opened up a bit after that. Tom managed to get as close to cross-axled without being stuck as I've ever seen. Lee got his front wheels in the air (but not the front diff!). The other highlight was Tom's tailgate flying open on hill and all his tackle rolling away!

Hope you manage to get the pulley bolt tomorrow. I've got renewed enthusiasm to get the head sorted on mine now, although I can't imagine doing a day trip to Wales in the Series 2!

Oh yes - I got snow too! Bizarre snowstorm on the M62 - quite white in places....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I've only just woken up after an early night lastnight! hard work driving that landy in the fresh air!

I'm actually having trouble finding the energy to go get the bits for the landy. Its incredible tempting to leave it there!....

(I do actually really like the truck when it works and isnt costing me money. I reckon im paying now for not doing anything to it for the last 12 months except drive it!)

Reply to
Tom Woods