Aldi air tools stuff again

If anyone has been thinking about the aldi air tools stuff, then;

a) most aldi stores seem to still have the main bits in stock, and

b) get the 15m air hose reel, it's dead useful and costs £130 elsewhere. You can give the hose a yank and the return spring is strong enough to reel the whole lot in very effectively. Mine's fixed to the outside of the garage, I'll drill a hole in the wall soon to run the hose to the compressor through it to the reel and leave it all connected all the time (once I get an oiler and regulator).

c) don't expect wonderful build quality, it's hobbyist gear and is sold as such. Be prepared to use a tap (m6 or 8 I think) on the handle screw holes.

d) get some PTFE tape too.

Pretty impressed so far, and have now been introduced to the wonders of blasting drum brakes out and getting covered in the resulting (non-asbestos) cloud of s**te that comes out.

I wish I'd bought the regulator and oiler though, but cheap enough elsewhere so I'd only have saved about £10 or so if I'd got them while they were in stock.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ive not had chance to go to an aldi yet and buy and of the stuff :(.

wonder if any of them round here will still have it in tommorrow?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Well, in the last week I've been to a total of 6 stores (!) as I've been driving around a bit so have had the opportunity to go in to get something else I've wanted (some more tools) and to check for the elusive oiler/regulator/water filter, and all of them had at least two compressors, at least 3 or so extra hose reels, and a large pile of the additional air tools so you've got a good chance, they don't seem to have all sold out immediately. The stores I've been to are one in London (houndslow I think), two in Bournemouth, one in Yeovil and another two just below Bath/Bristol. All this is well over a week after the offer was introduced.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings