Is Billing OK for kids?

Hi all, I've not made it to a Billing show yet, but this year plan to. The question is, is there enough to do for the wife and an 18 month baby girl? Is it family fun or crazy land rover nuts only?

Advice appreciated,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Gibbs

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:07:46 +0100, Dave Gibbs scribbled the following nonsense:

I now only go to Billing for one reason, and that is to support the Green Lane Association (GLASS). There are some of us on here who are beginning to think that Bling is an overpriced, over rateed circus, that is more about profit than atmosphere.

Imagine thouasands of camping units, all parked with just a couple of feet between them, and then think of the consequences of a fire...... Never mind the idiots who drive around until 3am, pissed out of their brains because they have an unsilenced V8, or in some cases unsilenced TDi's...

Hate the show, hate Richard Green.....

See you all there......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

there is theft,fights, and more of the mayhem. last year there was no atmosphere, and this year i am going to the war and peace show (the boats a lot cheaper too, 400 pounds in stead of 600 pounds.) if anyone's going, and wants some grolsch, please tell me, we only take 10 cases with us ;) cheers, arjan

Reply to
the dutch nutter

On or around 17 Jul 2006 15:23:13 -0700, "ChavScum" enlightened us thusly:

Malvern was an excellent show last year.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

when i last went (2 or 3 years ago i think), some pikeys came and parked up about 6 inches from the side of the gazebo me and my mates were sitting in and camping round. Despite our opposition to this they stayed and then had the cheek to start whinging at us for making too much noise through the whole evening/night.

Later at night daddy pikey staggered out, started pissing on our tent and had a bit of a rumble with the guys who were still up in our gazebo (you dont deliberately piss on someones tent!).

I've not felt inclined to go again, though im considering making a single day visit just for the show.

When i was walking around the unofficial campsite in the field next door looks very civiilised so if i were to stay it would be there.

Reply to
Tom Woods

When is that?

Reply to
William Tasso

|| Well that's my mind made up as well. It's only up the M1 from me but || I think I'll take the family to Malvern instead now. As it's our || first show we don't really mind...well I don't ....I'm sure the wife || will be OK.

We went to Malvern last year (first show) and had a great time. Camping areas good and well supervised, litter bins emptied several times a day, lots to see, lots to buy (ouch) and in a beautiful bit of the world. The off-road course was a bit tame, but fun all the same. We're going again this year.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

William,

It's 26th/27th August

cheers Gavin

Reply to
GS

On or around Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:38:22 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

Me too, hopefully. question is, where are we going to gather? Last year, we were on the 101 stand next door to glass, which was perfect. Is this likely to happen again, or are we going to have a separate enclave somewhere?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

right - see you there. with two vehicles now, I have no excuses left.

Beer tent? just a thought

Well - I for one don't have a vehicle that qualifies for that corner.

Anyone know if the organisers can accommodate 'gangs'?

Reply to
William Tasso

neither does Austin! (we will convince him to buy one one day!). i gather that an appreciation of the 101 is enough to let you in ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:34:48 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

well, such *was* the case. I rather think that there may have been some kind of shake-up in the 101 rivet-c^H^H^H^H^H^H^H owners club though, I don't know if that affects shows though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Indeed, and this comment has already been interpreted by some (alright 'one') as meaning there's been lots of naughty disclosures about secret internal club dealings...

However, and notwithstanding chinese whispers and mountain molehill conversions, my view has always been fairly simple when it comes to shows - especially those poorly attended by members of any one club. If there's space and spare tickets it's better they get used rather than go to waste.

Malvern last year was a good case in point - there were NO members of our club, apart from myself, turned up for the duration of the show, and even then we occupied an equally unattended ARC stand rather than the area dedicated to our club as it were nearer the bogs and showers, and bigger - obviously!

I will always maintain this stance for any show I organise for (whatever) club. My previously made comments about not being able to guarantee space or freebies were based upon me not knowing which shows, if any, I may organise. (So there's no "misunderstandings".)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:26:26 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

hehe. So no sipcy gossip, then? shame... :-)

You'd think the ARC would have got some people together. I didn't realise that it wasn't the 101 bit, in fact. Doesn't say a lot for the ARC... tsk.

So, what's the plan for Malvern this year? I assume you're going, even if only as a private individual?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well, I'm planning on going, and have long since applied for a club pass. Mind, things may change, possibly club related, more likely due to me not being in a fit state to attend (more of that at a later point).

I'd hope that next season ULRC may be able to claim a club stand, which will make it easier, I'm sure, for some :-)

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman
[Malvern]

I like the idea of ulrc.net booking a club stand (my cash is waiting )

- which I think was hinted at in another post.

Could be I got that arse-upwards - it happens.

Reply to
William Tasso

Nope, it is the plan and I'd hope ULRC could collectively put on a club display to rival any of the others :-)

This will have to be for next years show season, though.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:05:20 +0100, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

yeah, sounds good to me. I'll even hunt some paint and paint the top tailgate on Edward II.

As for Malvern, if the layout is the same as last year, there should be space round the back of GLASS, and if ARC don't put up a better showing, then we'll nick some of their space too. wonder if they've got a site plan anywhere...

nah, can't find one. maybe if you book as an exhibitor you get one...

Reply to
Austin Shackles