allisport intercooler upgrade update

Hi all,

Went to Allisport for the uprated intercooler fitting on my Disco 300TDi last Tuesday. Took 'em about 2.5 hours to complete the job. Haven't worked out whether there is much improvement in the mpg yet, but there's a definite difference in the performance. It doesn't pin you to the seats, obviously, but it drives much smoother, and that annoying turbo lag which seems to be far worse than the 200 TDi engine is massively improved. There's loads more torque - it pulls stronger in every gear.

Would recommend it to anyone willing to part with around £400. (We paid £395 but it was (allegedly) a special deal at the Driffield show - not sure how much he charges normally.)

Cheers, Icky.

Reply to
the ickys

He claims £375 + VAT.

I nearly did it, but my wife caught me too soon.

Maybe next month....

Was yours the full job or does your disco have Aircon?

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Did you have the just the orginal intercooler replaced or a additional one fitted. I ask because my 300tdi has air-con (not used really) and i believe its abit of a pain for the larger intercooler to be fitted. so have been considering just the orginal one to be changed.

Did they tweek the fueling too?

Ta Mark

Reply to
Jinx

Reply to
the ickys

hi all i can do a very similar conversion as the one mentioned there are 2 options one is supply only at £295 +£10 POSTAGE or bring your veichle and leave it for a few hrs and ill fit and adjust the necessary for £345 THERE IS NO VAT ON THAT PRICE

01904 797924 OB 07966224485 PETE
Reply to
BELL AUTO SERVICES

Hi all i do a very similar intercooler to the one mentioned there are to options the first one is supply only at £295 +£10 postage NO VAT or the second option bring and leave your veichle for a few hrs and ill fit and adjust the necessary for £345 NO VAT

Reply to
BELL AUTO SERVICES

Where is "Here"?

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

01904 is York and environs, I think.
Reply to
QrizB

You do need to watch that the engines cooling system isn't too impaired by fiting a large charge cooler infront of the radiator especialy with air con too. Personaly I'd go for a well designed smaller one with many but short turbulators and with good efficient end tank design. This will reduce the flow restriction though the charge cooler and still give good charge cooling as well as alowing good flow though the main radiator. Toby

Reply to
TVS

It's taken me some time to work out your sig. It finally clicked when I watched this:

David French

On or around Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:04:30 +0100, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

I got the holy grail link. not sure where Z'Ha'Dum is...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

As far as I can see, it's a Babylon 5 reference, although that does seem a bit bizarre. D

Reply to
David French

The actual quote is "If you go to Z'Ha'Dum you will die"

Later in the series Sheridan goes to Z'Ha'Dum anyway and ends up in convoluted plot devices.

Suffice it to say - if he'd had that response then the last 2.5 series of B5 would have been a lot less interesting.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Babylon 5 -- the name is etched into my cortex after the flamewars over spoilers and episode titles. It's a place, and the final episode of one season used the name as the episode title. It has a certain dread significance in the context of the overall story, and the producers tried to keep that titling a secret for as long as possible.

After that, people got all hot and bothered about anyone referring to an episode title on the newsgroups, even if the producer/writer didn't care who knew it.

And some people started using that .sig, gleefully pointing out that the people who complained about that use of an episode title were the ones who were making a place-name into a spoiler.

Reply to
David G. Bell