Alternator Fired 200 Disco

Hi Boys & Girls

Driving my Old 200 Disco Home Light On Loads of Smoke From Under Bonnet Turns Out To Be Alternator & Fan Belt Burnt What Sort of Price Should I Pay for the Whole Job to be Done ? as LL have quoted £200 for Alternator 100amp ?

Best Regards

Skinty

Reply to
skinty

Are we looking wrecked belt = siezed alternator in which case little chance of an exchange or overhaul.Wonder why they quoted on a 100 amp IIRC thats the spec for the 300tdi, cheapest oem 85amp £48 inc postage

£3 for the belt and an hours labour so under a ton then?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Cheers Derek for info Had New alternator & Belt Done to day (Sat )Well under £100 for the Lot LL were a real Night mere didn't really want to know & not very helpful

Regards Skinty

Reply to
skinty

On or around Sun, 06 Jan 2008 00:38:28 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

the 100A magneti marelli on the disco 300 tdi is quite capable of seizing solid with little warning :-(

Reply to
Austin Shackles