Disco Tax

I'm here again, still looking for the right Disco.

Am I correct to think that a diesel Disco registered pre-April 2001 pays £180 road tax and the same vehicle registered after that April pays £400?

I'm not in any rush, but if anyone here is wanting rid of a T-ish reg auto TD5 in the Liverpool to North Wales corridor, I'm all ears at billaboard at gmail dot com. There were a few around when I looked for an older Disco, but there seems a sudden famine. Christmas, I suppose.

Reply to
Bill

Bill,

As i understand it the £400 tax only applys to cars registered after 23/3/06 (see

My 2001 TD 5 cost me £112.75 for 6 months back in Spetember of 2007, 12 months was £205.

Also if you go here

you can enter the reg number of car and it will tell you what the Tax will be. Dom

Reply to
Dom J

Any cars registered before March 1st 2001 DO NOT fall into the co2 carbon emission classes. Any vehicle registered on and Including March 1st 2001 ALL fall under the co2 listings. My February 2001 (X reg) Discovery only cost £180. Help this helps. Mick

Reply to
Mick

Plesae excuse the grammer, trying to get 15 week old to sleep as well.

Reply to
Mick

From DVLA site -

Any vehicle registered after 01/03/2001 in Band G pays £300, but next year it will be £400.

Anything before 01/03/2001 pays a flat rate, currently £180, even if it is exactly the same vehicle as one registered after that date.

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Look again!

Band G is for vehicles first registered on or after 23/03/06 and with CO2 in excess of 225 g/km. There is no Band G if first registration is before 23/03/06.

The highest rate for first registrations before 23/03/06 covers vehicles with CO2 in excess of 185 g/km. The current rate is £205 pa.

Reply to
Dougal

Yep - any car registered before 23/03/2006 maxes in band F, not G.

Reply to
Allen

Yup, my 2006 4.2 SC RR is charged at max band F (£205) as I got in on the

9th March 2006. My mate had his delivered just after the 23rd and he has to pay £300.
Reply to
Neil Brownlee