Another car tax question........

Hi all, late last October I purchased a new tax disk for the Disco. I asked for a 6 month one and paid for a 6 month one. However, after just casually glancing at it late December last year, I find that the disk expires on

31.11.05. The Post Office has issued me a years disk for the price of 6 months! Do you think I may get a reminder in May about this? The PO is a reputable one, run by mid 50's people - all legit etc etc.

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair

If you get a reminder then go pay it, you get what you paid for. if you don't then........

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

I had the same thing a couple of years ago. The DVLA soon noticed and I had to send it back to them and they sent me the correct one. However, if you haven't had a letter from them it looks like you might get 6 months free!

Reply to
Richard

In news:d023bs$6q5$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com, Alistair decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

This happened to my mum a few years ago, the DVLA were soon onto it.

I'd have a peep on the DVLA website to see when they think your tax expires.

Reply to
Pete M

Free???? Gordon Brown? Garlic.... and bread?????

If I have to pay, well so I shall, but its all electronic these days, so I dont know how it slipped through

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair

Can you do that?

Mark

97 RR V8 EFI
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

In news:d027dh$bj$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com, Mark Solesbury decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Yup, it's on the SORN bit of their webpage.

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Pete M decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

although, as always, the site is knackered.

Reply to
Pete M

Ok, I must be daft cos I cannot find it.

Care to post the URL??

Reply to
Mark Williamson

It was actually working last night and for the first time ever i managed to sorn something on it. IT is quite useful being able to look up your other vehicles and check when they should run out too.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:36:30 -0000, "Pete M" enlightened us thusly:

handy, and led me eventually to:

Just got 31/35 on "car test 1" and 32/35 on "lorry test 1"

I suppose I ought to try the bike one...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

IRTA "evil portal app".

Guy

--

"To every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

31/35 here for car 1; 32/35 for car 2; 31/35 for motorbike 1. I failed the first lorry test, though to be fair the questions I got wrong were mainly HGV-specific, so weren't something I'd normally be expected to know about. I don't think I can be bothered with the bus test after all that little lot.
Reply to
Sena

Well, having not read the UK Road Code since 1985 or thereabouts, and applying commonsense I managed to get 27 on car 1. I missed the bits about trams and speed limits and a couple of the signs that are different.

Reply to
EMB

31 on Car 1, 33 on Car 2. Fall down mostly on trams. And WTS is a "toucan" crossing - one with a boodly grate beak sticking out into the road or something? Or what? They didn't have them when I was a lad...
Reply to
Dave Larrington

The nearest to me is in Notts. It's a normal light-controlled crossing (no flashing amber ambiguity phase) whot is intended for people on bikes to cross car traffic without getting off & pretending to be pedestrians.

Pertty rare really, & I don't know why they have such a silly name.

Reply to
Robert Harvey

25/27 on car1 my browser wouldn't let me answer the others. The tram one I got wrong, and one other I accidentally clicked the wrong second choice[77]

Toucan crossing - two can cross, bikes and peds. That's wot a fiend (who is a driving distructor) tolled me.

[77]Didn't read the question properly
Reply to
Br n

See other psot. Quite common here. The next town has lots of puffin(no flashing amber - they have sensors for peds on the crossing) crossings too (it has no pelicans).

Our local council is still installing blub trype lights and pelicans, job lot cheep in year dot, or more likely they's luddites. They also take ages to change fauwlty blubs.

Reply to
Br n

Bicyclists and pedestrians. Two can?

Reply to
Peter Thomas

One can surprise you, that there could be toucan be a matter of disbelief?

Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades