Series diff needed

Hi everyone,

I am now (since RTV at n.Ormsby) in need of a front diff for a series 3 axle, standard diff, not rover. Mine seems to have lost a tooth from the crown wheel.

Anybody got one in lincs/notts area for a reasonable price?

Thanks, Terry

Reply to
Tezza

That's Rover-type axle, Series 3 ratio, right?

I have one to spare, but it's got something up with a bearing and the pinion oilseal. You can feel the play and it's very noisy, and dribbles EP90.

The actual gears look OK, so if you want to do a re-build....

Free if you want to collect (about 10 miles north of Market Rasen)

Reply to
David G. Bell

Thanks for that David, but I need a drop in and go solution. I've tracked one down near Grantham for 75 quid ready to go, and at present it seems like best option.

4.7:1 ratio

Thanks again, Tezza

Reply to
Tezza

Are series diffs really worth that much? I'm going to have to start breaking the stock of axles i've been collecting! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Seems to be the going rate for a second-hand diff; a little more with delivery charges.

Reply to
David G. Bell