Anyone wanna by a disco?

3.5 V8i, 1992 K (or might be '93, I forget) manual, about 114K miles I think.

Good:

engine, 'box (no obvious signs of spline wear - I think it'd had a recon box in before we bought it), LPG with twin underfloor tanks. Recently had new vented front discs and new calipers. Some kind of SS exhaust but it's a fair few years old. C-pillars are good. Battery less'n a year old.

Bad:

rear floor rusty, will likely need repair or replacement for next MOT. Petrol gauge dead. Petrol pipes rusty and leaking slightly if run on petrol, but on gas, don't leak 'cos the pump's off, and no pressure. Some dings and dents, although body's quite sound otherwise. rear bit by the back door stay rusty, sill need attention same time as the rear floor, I guess. I did fix the bit for the stay to attach to, but not very nicely as it was gonna need more work anyway.

Tyres unknown as chances are we'll keep the set that's on it and swap them for the ones on the replacement. Unless of course the replacement has really nice ones on, in which case we won't bother. I'll know the answer to that on Saturday.

It'd make a good cheap hack, if you're inclined to fix it, or a project for an off-roader. Chassis is sound, AFAIK. Didn't get any comments on the last test, anyway.

tested 'til Feb next year sometime.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:00:34 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

Tyres are now from the replacement one: quite good Wrangler HP on the front, more-or-less worn down (but stil legal) GT+4 on the rear.

Reply to
Austin Shackles