Apology ( sort of)

I suggested in a recent post that replacing a Disco floor was not too difficult but time consuming. I should have added if you have a heavy duty towbar, which was fitted by someone with lubricatophobia then it is a first class tw*t of a job just to remove the fuel tank. I'm sure the long towbar bolts through the cross member are supposed to run in to captive nuts but either I've nipped them off or the disco doesn't have em. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Didn't on my RRC's

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Loose nuts on RRC and Disco 1. Captive nuts on Disco 2.

Reply to
Dougal

thats the odd thing Lee sold me his adjustable when I had the RRC and that had captives maybe just on the Vogue SE then? Thank god for surgical gloves or by now I would have no skin on the back of me hands.

Derek Lee I posted another FYA on the labels string Derek

Reply to
Derek

My three RRC have all had loose nuts. I'd be extremely surprised if LR used a different principle on the Vogue SE - more likely to be a customer mod..

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Sun, 10 Feb 2008 20:32:29 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

I always make me own main towbar captive nuts, by getting a bit of 2"x1/4" plate or thereabouts, drill holes and weld nuts to it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles