Billing

We have just booked for three nights camping at Billing. Anyone else going to the LRE show? Richard

Reply to
Richard

I'm planning on going up for the day, not sure which one yet. Never been to Billing before, people tell me it's the best.

Reply to
Simon Barr

When is it ?

Reply to
Andy Carpenter

16-18th July.
Wonderful thing, Google :)
Reply to
David French

On or around Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:35:19 +0100, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

I'll still be skint.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Not the sort of place to go when your skint, I'll bet there would be far too much temptation for the credit card to resist!

Reply to
Simon Barr

in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Simon Barr at snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote on 21/6/04 5:08 pm:

So are we, minus the kids. Grandad has offered to look after them for the day!

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Result! Or not, depends on how you look at it.

I'd like to take mine to introduce them to the world of Landies. Trouble is they would either love it or hate it and if its the latter it would probably ruin my day too. :-(

I'm still undecided, suppose I need to find out what kiddie entertainment there is available first.

Reply to
Simon Barr

in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Simon Barr at snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote on 22/6/04 10:03 am:

Result. Can wander round with and pick up the bits we want without having to worry where they are(I have visions of Isaac being hauled out of the water). No nags about sweets or ice creams or wanting a burger or a drink because they are hungry(I swear our eldest has hollow legs)or thirsty. No "can I have" and "its not fair, you're just mean" or"I'm bored", "my legs ache", "when can we go home".

We've decided that we'll probably go on the Saturday and if they've behaved themselves for Grandad, then we'll perhaps take them for the day on the Sunday, when we aren't looking for spares etc and can just look around.

Ours loved the Eastnor show last year and the Peterborough one, but we were camping, so they didn't have much choice. We also took someone with us to watch them whilst we had a look round. At least if you have somewhere to go back to when they do get fed up, you do have the option of going back later in the day.

I believe that there is some sort of fair there which is a permanent thing, from what I remember. I didn't notice if it was still there at the last Land Rover show, but the band Bruce used to play in often got booked as the main entertainment in the club house. The only one who'll be really disappointed about not going is Isaac. The two oldest girls will be more worried about missing Eastender or something else equally as rubbish.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

On or around 22 Jun 2004 07:35:48 GMT, Simon Barr enlightened us thusly:

already got plenty of temptation... springs are the next non-essential :-)

springs lost out to arrows though, this month.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Full week this year, Monday night to Sat Night

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs