Kelmarsh Cancelled

Date: January 22, 2007 The Show at Kelmarsh is cancelled. It would appear that the majority of trade stands who have booked for a July show have chosen to go to Billing and we can't run a show with only a 1/3 of stands that we normally get.

Refunds for those who have already booked for the camping or trade will be processed shortly.

Richard Green - Publisher Land Rover enthusiast

Reply to
Dr_D

Ouch!

Reply to
Nige

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Nige wibbled :

Clearly the traders aren't bothered by the conditions, wonder what incentives have persuaded them.

Reply to
GbH

The name ....

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:01:09 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

I'm sorry for Richard and LRE, but it was never going to work having 2 shows on the same weekend. Perhaps LRE should take over the Malvern show this year?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I'd say that would be a fantastic idea...

.... or spawn a New one in the North in an area not currently serviced by a Northern Show

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D
*cough*

Driffield anyone? Or by North did you mean Scotlandshire ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Or even better - all the mags get together with the ALRC and put on one show, in August, with something for everyone from trialling to those who want to show off their pimped rides. Now that would be a National event - probably big enough to get media proper media attention and do our image no harm. [1]

Richard

but no David Bowyer winching demo - *please*!

Reply to
beamendsltd

Isn't it a bit like the Queen's Speech at Christmas - largely irrelevant and nobody watches but you know it will always be there...

:)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:21:07 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

YSTHM errr... whassisname. Cobley.

Ask Simon Isaacs what he things of him :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:21:07 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

I prefer a spread of shows in diverse places. Peterborough and Billing were always a long way from me - Eastnor and lately Malvern are closer. In a way it's like the people who want a more northern show - 's a long way down to the midlands from Scotland.

Trouble is, as soon as one mag stops a show it creates a vacuum for another to jump into, as with LRM and Billing. LRM obviously either think they're dead clever and can avoid the problems which have been widely reported, or more likely don't GAF. LRE wouldn't have quit Billing without good cause, IMHO.

gwan then, who's got Richard Green's email address, get onto him and suggest he (and LRE) do Malvern on the August bank holiday, thereby taking over from LROI... then in a bit LROI can start another one somewhere else.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:18:59 -0000, "Dr_D" enlightened us thusly:

I've just sent 'em an email saying "try and take over the show at Malvern on the august BH.

nothing ventured...

they might make a go of it. LROI have got it rolling, twould be a shame to lose it again - might even get some 101s this time.

on which subject... anyone heard from Martyn?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Bloody fine idea say Trentham would be ideal what with the old workings round the back now where did I hear tha?t. Won't happen not enough Chelsea types about.

Derek Tractor who said tractor?

Reply to
Derek

Unfortunately Trentham has had it, all log cabins and L200's now. It's an dammed shame as it used to be one of the best interclub events, at least on a par with Eckington.

Reply to
beamendsltd

Richard Green sent out a letter. It pretty much states he's fed up ..... very interesting read :-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:52:29 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

reply today "we're not doing any more shows".

trouble is, if everyone says that there won't be any shows.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Have LRe had a change of heart?

"Although our Publisher Richard Green has decided to retire from the business of running Shows, LAND ROVER enthusiast magazine will continue."

Reply to
Rob

I read that as someone has assumed the show being cancelled means the mag is in trouble - they are just saying it isn't. Not the best wording perhaps.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Seems maybe Mr Green's opinion is not shared by the editorial staff. Dare I say, a typical bean counter solution to a difficulty!

Reply to
GbH

What baffles me is why every landrover show seems to be organised by a magazine, in other fields magazines play a fairly small role as a sponsor at most, the show being organised by a professional show organiser. An example would be 'the event's office' based in Pickering that runs most of the steam and model engineering shows in Yorkshire. Greg

Reply to
Greg