Bio DERV Td6?

I'm sure I've seen it written as not recommended for these BICBW

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Martin is correct according to the manual not compatable with biodiesel you can download one at

to make sure it is your modelDerek

Reply to
Derek

But doesnt the chap that owns Green Fuels trot round in a RaRo Sport using his own product?

IIRC he had to use his personal vehicle on a demonstration drive last year from the UK to somewhere in yurp.

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Sport has the TDV6 engine ... Nige has a TD6 (BMW Engine) ....... totally different beasts.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Thats the bugger.

I know some folk say this is a slow car with this engine, but i like the engine & power delivery much more than the TdV6. There's no lag taking off quickly & it seems a bit more gutsy once you get the barge flying ;)

Reply to
Nige

if you have a common rail diesel engine don't use biodiesel it clogs em up and damages the injectors

Reply to
mike hunt

On or around Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:39:04 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

I bet it depends on the biodiesel. Properly processed bio should be usable in pretty nearly any diesel engine; WVO unfiltered will doubtless bugger up anything given time.

ISTR the good Doctor made his engine to run on peanut oil and even experimented with coal dust. Having seen how a blast-injection engine operates, I daresay it'd run on more or less anything inflammable...

Reply to
Austin Shackles