Bits and Bobs

Anybody know how much I would be looking at paying for the exhaust manifold for a 200 discovery - the 4-1 one which runs straight to the turbocharger - mine's got a non-obvious crack which I only discovered by accidentally dumping water on it yesterday while filling the washers and then watching the steam being blown off in odd directions.

Also, my front disks and pads are running a bit close to the limits - any thoughts on original parts vs EBC Turbogroove/Greenstuff - the car's already got braided brakelines, so that improvement's already done - do the EBC parts help the braking substantially over standard parts? Other than reduced pad life, are there any other downsides?

Cheers.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

ERR789 Exhaust Manifold - 200Ti - Discovery £176.25 inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

No way you can get it welded ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Maybe, but it's cracked in at least 2 locations and I'm beginning to suspect the casting. I've also got the basic problem of getting the manifold to the welder when it's off the car as I don't have other wheels.

There's also the other interesting problem of separating it from the Turbo without resorting to large scale percussive devices which may destroy it - AFAICT they've never been separated and the bolts have rusted up.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown