Does anyone know how much ....?

a recore should be for a 3.5 V8i Discovery radiator? Only want a rough idea. Thanks.

Reply to
Nikki

A basic recore should cost around 120 odd quid - however, if you have a serious overheating problem, it may be worth getting it recored with the large bore core (I did this recently with the rad in Grumble. Didn't totally cure the problem, but that's a different story!).

I think you need to be a little careful 'who' does it. I had the same rad recored about 18 months ago by Serck here in Sheffield. It turned out that they had not actually replaced the 'core', but had cleaned it, used a fin comb, and sprayed it...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Ours has had a hacksaw blade through it, about 7cm from the bottom. Had no overheating as I didn't have too far to go, spotted the water running down the road, and stopped several times to top up with water(the storm kettle was full and in the back of the Discovery. Just been quoted £150+VAT, so I told them to forget it. I can get a new one from John Craddocks or Paddocks, for £145+VAT. I half guessed when I left it there that it would be a high quote, and non-repairable, so I'm going down there now to tell him what I think of him and fetch it back. Thanks, by the way.

Reply to
Nikki

Watch it Martyn, you are REALLY beginning to get on my nerves now.

Reply to
Llandrovers!

When you say "hacksaw blade through it", do you mean it has cut completely through one of the cores? If so, this is probably something that could be repaired. The 'secret' is to find yourself a "Warren" - or someone local who doesn't know the meaning of "that must be replaced, it cannot be repaired".

THUD!

I'd have told him - well... similar, I guess! ;-)

I wonder if it would have been such an expensive quote if Bruce had gone in and asked?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Martyn (Mother) Bailey - is anybody safe at Land Rover events or on the Internet?

On 29/9/03 6:17 pm, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, "Mother" wrote:

Reply to
Llandrovers!

On or around Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:11:24 +0100, Llandrovers! enlightened us thusly:

sorry Tony, one too many. I've better things to do with my time, so your postings will now be marked read.

you really aren't helping your case, if case you have.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Will have to check on that, and we did have a "Warren", called "Alex",but he went and had a severe stroke and hasn't been able to repair a thing since.

I wasn't that polite.

Exactly what I thought. He was quite surprised when I turned up to collect it.

Reply to
Nikki

Is it possible to set Forte Agent to automatically ignore a thread from the point a certain person replies to it?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:14:49 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

not AFAIK. You can manually ignore a thread, of course, but otherwise your main option is in kill filters, either to mark read or delete, as you choose.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sadly this is not restricted to the macho world of dodgy garages.

I know a chap who used to work for H*lfords who has some quite frightful anecdotes about the way they view(ed) female customers.

One would obviously have hoped that these ideas were the stuff of the past - sadly, I feel we have made little real progress in addressing the institutionalised disenfranchisement and gender power differential other than a tokenistic change in our vocabulary, becoming more 'politically correct', in order to keep the birds happy...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Google: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified

There was a similar discussion some time ago and a mod to extend the rather inadequate filter structure.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Nope. Paul has often had to walk away from me when I'm buying lr/car stuff. The droids keep trying to talk to him even when he says "dont look at me ask her". Beth

Reply to
Beth Clarke

Bruce says it hadn't gone in one side and out the other, it was more wedged in to it.

Reply to
Nikki

He's like a stuck record - repetitive, irritating and very boring. He's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY getting on my nerves.

Reply to
Nikki

Well - I'm no expert, but I would certainly think this is 'fixable'.

I'd certainly explore all possibilities before forking out for a new one. It could be worth looking throught the Yellow Pages for Commercial Vehicle Repair places local to you. I had my rad recored at a dedicated commercial rad manufacturer - who also repair rads for trucks and vans.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

- are children safe at Land Rover events?=================================================================

Leave it Nikki - he ain't worth it!!!!!!

  • (For effect - passim) :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Hmm. It would seem I have to purchase a registered copy of Forte in order to do this, and as I'm a legendary tightwad I will continue to delete posts manually

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Yes I probably am, but I feel I must stand up to this bullying.

You know what I require Martyn to do in order for this to cease totally, it is perfectly simple and easy for him to do it, so it's up to him now.

Reply to
Llandrovers!

I believe that many of the 3rd party applets and utils work with both versions.

Agent (as opposed to Free Agent) is worth parting with the 29 U$D IMO, but to save you the dosh, I'll add that I hope it's not necessary for you to deploy the DEL key too often :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother