Disco bits and bobs

A-frame Ball joint on an M reg Disco V8, how easy is this to change??.

Next question may sound a bit daft but bear with me.......

On the bottom of the front springs, should they be flat or does the end of the coil stick out. Looked in book for Range Rover and it shows the spring end as flat.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

Depends if it's well stuck in or not, look here:

I agree with Nige that it sounds like your spring may have snapped at the end and someone removed the other snapped bit? Post a pic of it perhaps?

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

if its anything like a K plate rangie, its a bitch to get off, you definitely need the services of the local garage for their hydraulic press.

I know my old local garage (Wolston nr Coventry) started doing an exchange service, so you took the casting to them, and bought a new ball joint, and they grabbed one that was already fitted in the casting off the shelf.

Si

Reply to
Si Kellow