black smoke puffs?

OK I am a disabled driver who decided to buy a Land Rover Discovery. I am unsure as which model exactly because I have been told three different versions by three different folk. Anyway at the moment I have noticed the odd puff of black smoke coming from the exhaust. If the car is standing and I rev hard nothing happens but on the motorway at 50 it puffs out and can last for some seconds at times. I have been told not to worry as it is due to 'winter diesel' and I have been told to worry as it is a faulty injector! Anyone care to advise what I should do, worry or have a nice Christmas? Which ever I wish everyone with a Land Rover whatever model a very Merry Christmas. Except the driver of the white Disco in Bolton last Wednesday who backed into mine and broke the indicator. Have fun one and all,

.
Reply to
Cyberwraith

Ours does this - most noticable when changing gear. A few causes, most likely the fuel pump 'tweak'. I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it - ours has done this for as long as I can remember :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Reply to