Series II/III : Window trim Screw size?

Anyone know the size of these screws... a couple are AWOL and being mid door top replacement on Percy I need to get new ones as theres no rust/poo/goo to hold the runners still without them on the new door tops.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I found that the sizes could vary from a couple of mm countersunk wood screws to a very coarse thread approx 1mm bigger. Depended on how much grief had been given to the hole in removing the old rusty ones.

Have you not got a box of odd screws to offer up, then trot off down to the DIY shed?

Reply to
wayne

I gave up and used fairly flat headed pop rivets

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

Hubby says that they are standard Landrover issue - come in packs of 20 - as it is late at night he doesnt want to trek to the shed but he will go up tomorrow and then we can post the part no for you. Is that ok? If you have probs getting them then let me know - Tim reckons they are about £2 ish.

Gaynor

Reply to
Gaynor

Just had a look at another post of yours that you are near Hanley - we are in Derby - Paddocks hadn't got the screws when Tim went for them and had trouble getting them - our local motor factors have them in.

Gaynor

Reply to
Gaynor

Cheers all.... unfortunately my hardware shelf seems to be fill of various boxes of nails after a gross over estimation on a project.... I will try some the local sales place lateron... as for rivets I don't think I'd get the rivet gun in there without making a special tool.. I'm using the plastic trim from the SII club instead of the fabric covered rottey metal type and it's a bit tight on the fitting side already.

Regards

Lee D