Breakdown of the Day - update

After my previous problem with the engine stalling on idle when restarted once warm, I had another problemette today which may be related.

Drove up to London on the M3, so got the engine nice and warmed up. All went fine.

But when I got into town, and started having to stop at traffic lights, the engine revs started to go down to almost zero. It didn't happen immediately, or if it did, not that I noticed over the noise of the radio. It didn't quite stall but it was having a damn good go. This happened both in Drive and Neutral. It also happened both on LPG and Unleaded. At one point I had a couple of random warning lights flash up (the EAS "overheight" was one of them) but this quite often happens when something strange is going down.

I kept it alive by keeping the throttle depressed a little. On the way back from London (still doing stop-start with a warm engine) it was fine.

Any suggestions? It has new plugs and (Magnecor) HT leads.

Thanks, David.

Reply to
David French

turn the radio up a bit more :-)

"overheight"

Reply to
Betabeta

Haven't heard the word problemette since I left England. Did it come from Monty Python?

Viviane

PS I hope you fix the problem!

"overheight"

Reply to