Camper conversion continues

I am now at the stage of having the bed base in place and the sink unit and I have now removed the centre back seat.

The intention is to use the space for a porta potti and then remount the seat in reverse over the top of this.

Seat belts are not an issue, as the vehicle is old enough not to need them in the back but the question is the security of the reverse facing seat (inherently safer than facing forward in the other two)

I could make a sturdy wooden frame, and Martyn don't lecture me about fire hazards there's enough timber and varnish in there already. as the existing frame won't do.

Or would I be altogether safer in getting an iron one welded up ?

What for instance is the position regarding MOT. This thing BTW is not now nor ever will be registered as a motorcaravan as all the stuff comes out with a few screws and wing nuts, in true Land Rover tradition.

Reply to
Larry

If you have sleeping space, seat and a table (this can covert to bed), cooking, washing and storage facilities securely fastened in it can be classed as a motorcaravan, as to MOT the chances are it will be tested as one but there is no difference in the test

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

That's not true Land Rover tradition. If it were, they'd fall off without a few screws and wing nuts...

Reply to
Mother

cable ties are what you want. When you want to take it out you just chop em!.. Much easier than nuts or screws!

My landrover came with the seats cable tied into it. I think that is going a bit far for cable ties (now has proper bolts!), but they are good for most other things!

Reply to
Tom Woods

I know, I've seen your engine-mounts...

Reply to
Mother

cheeky! :)

Though i have got some fairly hefty looking cable ties that look like they might do the job as well as standard landrover engine mounting rubbers...

Reply to
Tom Woods