CAV Diesel Pump

Does anybody know, on a diesel 2.25 cav injection pump inside the fuel reservoir chamber where all the acceleration linkage is . there is a flat plate with three holes in for the linkage to connect to. Which hole is used !!! I had to replace some seals for the linkage as It was leaking diesel from the main shafts.when I put it all back together the engine idle was too high, so I had to adjust it externally,also since this there is a lot of white smoke on start up.could you explain what this plate is and what effects this has on the power etc if I used the wrong hole setting. Thanks in advance Mick

Reply to
Michael Arnold