CB supplier: 4x4cb.com

Does anyone have good things to say about this lot ?

They have some nice CB packages, and I thought getting one for the October Unofficial would be a good idea.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

During stardate Mon, 03 Oct 2005 19:34:44 +0100, Steve uttered the imortal words:

No ... buwas yer callsign rubber duck.

I can see I'll have to go routing in the garage now... The Discos (plan b) roof is Steel init? I've a mag mount in there somewhere.

Lee D

--

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

During stardate Mon, 03 Oct 2005 19:34:44 +0100, Steve uttered the imortal words:

On a more useful note, these guys seem to do well next door to Biling.

Lee D

--

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

10-4 rubber duck
Reply to
Tom Woods

so Steve was, like...

He's a guy called Jim, used to trade as Communication Eleven. I got my kit from him when I first had a CB, and I can't speak highly enough of his operation. He'll send you a brochure foc (not very glossy, but full of excellent stuff for the beginner and specific to 4x4s), prices are as good as anywhere, and he's always on the end of the phone if you need him. Seems a very nice chap. My CB went dud almost as soon as I got it (don't tell anyone, but I may have got the polarity wrong, which fries them big time) and I had a replacement within 48hrs. Little stuff like aerial mounts he'll pop in the post same day. Excellent service. If I ever decide to upgrade, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

And he knows his Landies - check out the graphics on his home page. No connection except as a satisfied customer, etc.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Thanks Richard, thats the kind of testimonial I was looking for ! Order it tomorrow now.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Just thought I owed it to them to second that opinion!

They gave me very good advice and service on various CB bits when I really didn't know much, and what they said still holds true now I know a little more!

:) K

Reply to
Kieran Turner

Does that "CB Licence" thing still exist or did it go the way of the dog license I am wondering.

Reply to
PeTe33

Still required to be legal, I have one :)

Reply to
jOn

Going the same way - dying a slow lingering death largely due to disinterest.

Reply to
hugh

And the advent of "licence free" PMR466 stuff. You know the pair of walkie talkies that you can pick up for =A330 in Tesco...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice