Changing RRC eFi to TDi

Further to the lower post regarding Jap engines, what exactly is required in changing to a 200 or 300 Tdi?
Fuel system etc?
Likely costs of a reasonable engine etc?
Cheers
Nige
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Hi
These days it is really not worth doing unless you feel a huge need for a diesel RRC. The cheaper option is to just buy a Discovery Tdi.
Speaking as one who has done it and driven many factory diesel RRC removing the V8 from it really spoils the magic. It is hard to explain but to my mind the Classic RR should always be petrol.
The Discovery seems ideally suited to a Diesel engine. stupid really as they are both identical under the skin.
--
Marc Draper

Forsale
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
writes

I bought an already-converted Tdi Range Rover rather than a Disco for three reasons:
I wanted an auto, partly because I prefer them for towing, and partly because of the notorious manual box problems, and Tdi auto Discos are usually newer and more expensive;
Tailgate: I find the Range Rover arrangement more flexible, e.g. I can carry an 8x4 sheet of ply easily and legally;
Height: Those few extra inches of height are a nuisance in low garages.

Hmmm. I know _some_ people like the V8...
But when Tdi engines, even of unknown history and uncertain condition, fetch over 1000gbp, I have to agree that converting is unlikely to make economic sense, particularly if you have to pay someone to work the necessary magic on an auto box. I suppose if you have that rarest of beasts, a rust-free Range Rover with a good interior, overhauled gearbox and suspension, and working electrics but a knackered V8, it might be worthwhile.
--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. snipped-for-privacy@mainbeam.co.uk)***
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I've had/got both Rangerover and Disco V8's. We also now have a TD Rangie (VM engined), I've also driven TDi Discos and my opinion is that anyone who actually puts a diesel into these vehicles doesn't get it. the V8 is 99.9 % of the vehicle.... the other 0.1% is the exhaust note.
It's like trifle without custard.
:0)
Lee D
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

My only reason was it needed a swap sooner or later, if a diesel was cheap enough to do, it could have been a good time to swap.
Nige
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That's exactly what I have, although not knackered, it's got low comp on one cylinder & a shagged camshaft.
Nige
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.