charity calendar - update

Better amend mine too, see as I now have your old motor!!

;~)

Nige

Reply to
/\/ / & E

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, MVP blithered:

Why not add a note to the effect that they declined to cooperate!

Reply to
GbH

ah yes... :o)

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Took myself off the list too, currently land rover-less :o(

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

I'm happy to still join in and provide the SIII for some pics, if your coming to my side of the country. However, I'm not doing it because I really want to support a Breast Cancer Charity. There have been some very personal opinions posted on the subject, and I think that the whole cancer association should be completely dropped. This is nothing more than a fun calendar promoting my fun hobby, how about we stick to LR related charities such as rescue groups.

The Breast Cancer Campaign are pretty high profile, they don't _need_ our money

if you want to donate). There isabsolutely no reason to force money on them if they don't want the breastcancer/bare booby association inherent with a girly calendar (understandablein my opinion).

Just keep it fun and uncontroversial, DavidM

Reply to
DavidM

I noticed today that the charity 'Breast Cancer Care' is being championed by the Sun newspaper obviously they're not bothered about naked breasts

It seems to me that since Kylie was diagnosed it's become high profile with every celebrity offering support

So I agree with DavidM rescue groups would be my personal choice

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {m} @"@101fc.net wrote on 19/5/05 11:50 am:

Count me still in!

Reply to
Rory Manton

I agree too, how about RNLI? I am still willing to supply my LR but I dont see why we should give money to them if they dont want it! Richard

Reply to
Richard

I agree too.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

In message , Andy.Smalley writes

Yup, we'll take money off anybody!!

Reply to
hugh

Given that mountain rescue teams use landies on a daily basis and are somewhat neglected by other sources, they'd make the best choice IMHO. As for which one, how about one this year, another the next and so on.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

so Richard was, like...

Agreed, RNLI would be my first choice, rescue groups next.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Thu, 19 May 2005 13:58:23 +0100, MVP enlightened us thusly:

I can offer you a nice disco...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 19 May 2005 20:00:09 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

good idea. Cancer charities get a lot of high-profile fund raising, as has been said. There have to be plenty of charities, equally worthwhile, which struggle to get enough funds and enough exposure.

I support the idea of the mountain rescue types and the RNLI.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

so Austin Shackles was, like...

I'm not really up to speed on this debate, but if whoever is organising wants photos of a nice straight S2a (1971, last day of production before the S3), I'm willing to contribute. I'd accommodate a babe or two, as well, if necessary.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

That's my first instinctive thought too. However from 12000 miles away it's a bit easier to be impartial (even though I've been an RNLI volunteer). As the RNLI are already better funded than many of the SAR groups I'd be inclined to donate to the SAR groups.

Reply to
EMB

Aye and the great unwashed will be falling over themselves to "save kyle" by donating to any charity that waves a Kyle flag.

ME TO

Personally I'd prefer it to be Mountain Rescue(*) rather than the RNLI, they do fairly well as it is (see previous dicussion).

(*) One of the regional groups rather than an individual team or the Mountain Rescue Council.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I agree with the Mountain Rescue Groups and I have a project for them alone which I don't have time for this year so will attempt next year.

This year we are back to plan-A which is MacMillan Cancer Relief and the Breast Cancer Campaign, yes they'll be getting a fair few quid now that ickle Kylie has raised their profile but that can work in our favour also, we do need to sell these calendars yasee.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

How about Rainbow Rovers/The Saharan Aid Trust - long associations with Land Rovers there? Just a thought...... Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

How? They only want to take the money but not be associated with calendar. If their logo can't be on it, it raises a element of suspicion about where their money may actually be going.

As you said yourself "Well to be honest that pissed me off a bit, alot of people are offering their time and skills for free to raise money for them and they won't even let us use their [The Breast Cancer Campaign] logo."

With all the petty messing about and backtracking from The Breast Cancer Campaign if that organisation remains a benificary I remove the offer of my Disco II.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice