Bad news about Karmann

passing along

A piece of bad news for the VW world. The 100 + years old Karmann Corporation of Osnabruck, Germany has gone into receivership - a victim of the current financial woes in the automotive world. The company which brought us the beautiful Karmann-Ghia and all of the Beetle convertibles from 1950 to 1980 is no longer. Over the last few years they have perfected much of the technology used to create the retractable hard top convertibles used by many makes. It will be interesting to see if their car collection will go onto the auction block or if VW will step in and secure these priceless pieces such as the zero miles last Beetle convertible ever produced. They remained a source for difficult to find information such as when I needed to know the exact measurements of the rear window glass of a 1972 Bug convertible. The webmaster of TYP15.com was able to contact them and get this for me. Hats off as we salute their passing.

Reply to
Kafertoys