Chequer plate.

I'm looking for a company who can supply some chequer plate for my 110 CSW.

Specifically I want it for the driver and passenger foot wells and the middle seat foot wells.

I know I can get the rear load area section from Rebel 4x4.

The idea is to lessen the amount of crappy absorbent felt in the vehicle.

After having gone into deep enough mud at Tixover to make a real mess I'm looking for ways to have more of a 'washable' interior.

Any ideas & suggestions welcome ;-)

I could always stay out of the mud of course (as my wife helpfully suggested! women are so logical...)

Reply to
David Sillitoe

Be careful plating chequer plate over steel footwells - the gap between them will trap water and mud and rust away your footwells and bulkhead very quickly.

Reply to
Exit

My 110 CSW has rubber mats rather than carpet/felt in the areas you describe - I'd suggest going for these as they won't suffer the problems your describing and you can optionally remove them to hose them down.

--> Greg

Reply to
grege

Same here - use the rubber mats, you can then take them out and hose the interior and mats down.

--

swap z's in email address for the above

Reply to
danny

On or around Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:12:48 -0000, "grege" enlightened us thusly:

mine too. But it really needs the same in the middle row seats. The front mats are made of special industrial anti-static rubber matting stuff, courtesy the previous owner who was a service engineer in a factory. There are various other hints, like stainless bolts in places.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In all my Defenders, I rip the carpets out and have it rubber lined. The type they spray on the back of vans or trucks. No more hot drafts coming in, little less noise and 100% washable.

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey