Chequer plate!

What's your opinion on chequer plate for a Disco (Dk. Green) along the door bottoms etc. Looks naf or what?

Reply to
Davey

Davey uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Down to personal opinion

Yes.

Unless your off roading it or covering ally corrosion I wouldn't bother. Also the manner in which it has been cut and finished will have a big influence on the overall effect.

That said Pecry used wi have chequre plate sides. Certainly deters those would be door dinkers at the local tesco.

Some before and after piccys here.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Should look good, especially if you hang a big pair of furry dice from the rear view mirror and put those little purple lights in the windscreen washer jets... :o)

IMHO chequer plate looks crap as metal flooring and worse on land rovers.

HTH,

M.

Reply to
McBad

I actually find that done well it can help.

The idiots who put the untinted stuff on the wings on Defenders really get to me though - I don't really want a couple of mirrors blinding me from below as well as the sun blinding me from above.

I'm actually considering black anodised checkerplate for the sides of my Disco up to the rubbing strip just to prevent the gouges I get in the paintwork.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Paul S. Brown uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Never been blinded by the wing tops on Percy. Your not suggesting I polish my Percy are you ;-)

As for tint, surely a lick of acid etch and a coat of your desired colour in Matt should suffice. Easily reapplied that way.

Some wassock has painted our windscreen grill on our personnel carrier with black gloss. That was really usefull in the rain at night. Had it been matt wouldn't have proved to be a problem.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I never have a prob with my 3 Defenders with chequer plate on the wings.

Reply to
Marc Draper

I works well to cover splits in ally body work too. Ive got wing tops on the 2A becuse it holds the wing together!

You havent still got that chequer plate lying around getting in the way have you? ;) The cracks at the bottom of my wings are getting longer and longer and more rattly and it looks like it could be hard work cutting the curved bits to shape.

Reply to
Tom Woods

My chequer plate is mostly on the inside, for a very good reason.

Reply to
Larry