Wrong car - right group

Sorry to be in the wrong group, but as an ex-Landie man I know you guys can offer sensible advice!

Now driving a Grand Vitara. Garage diagnosed squeaking under bonnet as the poly belt and advised that I could have it changed, but the noise could well come back.

So..... do I put up with the noise, or spend money and hope. I guess that such a heavily engineered belt won't be prone to drastic failure?

TIA

John

Reply to
John Moppett