Clean bill of health...

...well, almost.

That's it, my baby's just been for a full service - I jsut said "here she is, fix 'er up". So one service, shock bush, IGR cap and a few other little bits later and she's purring happily along. Not looking forward to adding all that London Cardiff mileage on her over the next few months.

Only thing is now, that I really need to find a name for him/her. Anything to try and get away from the "Jolly Green Giant" and "Green Goddess" jokes. :)

What did you guys use as inspiration for names?

Cheers, Aled.

- 94 Disco 300Tdi - in green. :)

Reply to
Aled Treharne

Can't Imagine....

Mines called Piglet (beacause he's not a red manual V8i - Long story ) ..and SWMBO's is Kanga....and the Caravan (which bounces along behind...) is called Tigger......

Neil

That's it, my baby's just been for a full service - I jsut said "here she is, fix 'er up". So one service, shock bush, IGR cap and a few other little bits later and she's purring happily along. Not looking forward to adding all that London Cardiff mileage on her over the next few months.

Only thing is now, that I really need to find a name for him/her. Anything to try and get away from the "Jolly Green Giant" and "Green Goddess" jokes. :)

What did you guys use as inspiration for names?

Cheers, Aled.

- 94 Disco 300Tdi - in green. :)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Twas Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:40:22 +0000 when "Aled Treharne" put finger to keyboard producing:

My 110 was named Katie, temperamental you see, named after a friend ;o)

Post (link to) a photo and we'll throw the suggestions in :o)

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

*grin* *evil thoughts*

Ooh, now I'll have to get the camera out - perhaps a good photo in it's natural habitat (aka Brecon Beacons) as opposed to one in London if I get the time. :)

I'll prolly get this sorted by next week - I'm moving to Plumstead on Tuesday and shuttling back and forth between London and Cardiff with both the landy[1] and a Luton van. Then let the abuse begin. :)

Cheers, Aled.

[1] I was quite put out in the garage I just came back from - I refer to mine as "the landy" or "the disco". I called it "the green Landy" and the bloke looked blank until I said "the green Disco". :(
Reply to
Aled Treharne

My Disco is green too and was christened by Bruce after he went somewhere in it. He came in and said it was like a mobile skip, so it is often referred to as "Skip". The Range Rover is blue(Caspian blue to be exact)and is generally known as "Dad's Car" or the "blue one" and the Series 3, when it has its hardtop roof removed will be known as "the no lid car" - my youngest daughter thought of that.

Reply to
Nikki

My green Series 2a is named Bruce after Bruce Banner It's the same shade of green as the incredible hulk and no you wouldn't like it when it's angry My 6 year old daughter also came up with "it's big, it's mean it's really really green" so we have to sing that now everytime we're out in it

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

My Td5 90 is called LUCY - SWMBO doesn't know why (she will now if she reads this), after an old Girlfriend/Fiancée - she was also a bit rough at the edges, unreliable, cost me a lot of money, BUT god, was she good to ride in (on)! ;-) Just waiting for the slap now......................... :-( Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter

You should get some of those vinyl stickers with "it's big, it's mean it's really really green" and put them on the back somewhere.

Reply to
Nikki

I know a very nice man who'll make those for you :)

Neil

You should get some of those vinyl stickers with "it's big, it's mean it's really really green" and put them on the back somewhere.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

so do I. His name is Tom Woods(my name was Woods before it was Cluley) and he's my brother and vinyl sign writing etc is what he does for a living.

Reply to
Nikki

I thought about that but with the unspringy springs and slightly ' flat ' engine it's not really big and mean It is green though well mostly it is I'm trying to persuade SWMBO I really need a V8 for it Anyone got one going cheap? (oops no better not too close to Christmas)

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

and what a fine name that is :-)