Keeping It Clean

Just bought a new Mini, but may have made the mistake of buying all black. How do I keep it clean, without the swirls on the paintjob?

BLKMIN

Reply to
markrees

the best tip is never take it through a drive through car wash, this is the best thing to dull the paintwork, wash it when its dirty, no real need to do it every week, use 2 sponges, one for the body work & one for the sills & wheels, ( don't get them mixed up or the grit of the wheels will scratch the upper body,) dry with chamois, every 6 months fully wax the car with a good wax, no need to use the colour wax, I recommend either finish 2000 from turtle was which I think may be out of production now or triple wax from car plan, I do my mini in August just before the winter & in march just after, never use washing up liquid to wash it, ( or brillow pads as a mates girlfriend did on his new mini ) use something like wash & wax from car plan, it contains a little wax too, traffic film remover like they use in car wash places will ruin the paint,

DieHard.

Reply to
DieHard

Check the Maintenance forums at Mini2.com and northamericanmotoring.com. Also but Meguiar's Scratch-X - a great product that any owner of a black car should have on hand.

Reply to
Trico