Come on Austin! :)

.. you know you want one!

I seem to have beaten Lee to this one! :

You could fill the back with seats as use it as a minibus! :)

It looks like you even have the chance to fit whatever engine you fancy.

It seems very resonably priced and has an interesting paint job.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Ooh, only in Halifax...and a "new" 200Tdi sitting on my engine hoist all ready to put back in instead of the V8.... So many 101s, so little room.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Oh do behave. At the rate you're going you'll have more 101s than were ever built parked at your place :@)

Besides - give the rest of us a chance to buy one....

/me wonders how to sell this to the wife...

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Well I know where you could park it up.....

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Just sell wife..... ;-)

Reply to
EMB

Isn't there a law that demands owners of above a certain number of old vehicles to have a Alvis Starlwart? It seems to apply round here.....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Right beside the law that says you do free shipping to New Zealand. :-)

Reply to
EMB

This all getting very silly.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

There was a point we would have, however we failed to invade you while the Stolly was still in service :@)

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:31:28 +0000, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

yeah, but I don't really fancy an ambi, TBH.

Actually, my latest mad scheme is to modify a series LR and make a charabanc. Needs the wheelbase extending, I think, to make it look credible. Unfortunately, that'd result in a silly lack of turning circle, but it really needs to be on a leaf-sprung chassis if it's going to look anything like an old one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

And the answer is to stick another steering assembly on the back and slave it to the one on the front - you'd probably need power steering for something that size anyway, so that makes it a bit easier.

See - simple answers :@)

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

we've already got an ambi!

If it were a rad-bod or a vampire though......

Lizzy

Reply to
LizzyTaylor

Don't give him any more ideas! He has plenty of his own (ideas that is not Stalwarts).

Lizzy

Reply to
LizzyTaylor

you could park it right up to the house and call it an extension.

Come on then!. We can never have too many 101 owners here. This one could be a nice christmas present for yourself! :)

It would make a very nice camper van!.. I'm sure Lee will be along soon to give some 'wife-convincing' tips :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I'm sure you didnt fancy the last GS that Lee found because you said youd rather have a different body - sounds like its got to be a rad bod! Theyre more expensive though :(

:)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Next time you see any of those owners will you ask them if they would consider giving me a ride in said stalwart (or even a drive!) in exchange for beer or slave labour or something!

I need to have a go in one for 'research purposes'!. One day i'll have enough space time and money to own one but i've never done any more than clamber about the outside of one yet :(

Reply to
Tom Woods

He'll have to join the queue.

Lizzy

Reply to
LizzyTaylor

There's one at the top of Mow Cop, just up the road from the off-road site - he seems to up for any excuse to play with his (Stalwart).

Or, for a project, there's (or was) one at Les Oakes' place in Cheadle.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Splutter...

Shut up.

Actually, Argocat next on the list - towable behind Grumble.

Very, very nearly got Charlotte a RR for Christmas - not a Range Rover 'RR', though...

Reply to
Mother

Mother Hi,

will you be buying it from Richard Welsh?

I have bought an 8X8 Argo (1971 model year) back in 2001 for restoration. (still have not managed to finish it as other more important things happened)

But he is a top chap. If you will be dealing with him give him my regards (I don't think he has a lot of clients from Greece)

Take care and Merry Christmas to everybody on the newsgroup. Pantelis Giamarellos LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos