Compression test results - Bruce's

On or around Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:11:16 +0000, richard.watson enlightened us thusly:

oops. aye, well, we've both on one thing, ISTR. 'cept for employee, seeing as we haven't got any.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Certainly into 5 figures I would guess. I pay almost that for my company (15 people) and we don't deal with the public or handle anything that could be considered safety critical.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Cor, it gets expensive doesnt it. I think my public liability insurance only costs 3 or 4 hundred quid a year for 2 partners and an employee, and that gives us the required number of £millions to work inside educational establishments.

Reply to
Tom Woods

It's 2 grand just for our company Passat, for anyone over 25. For that I had to give details about patterns of use etc etc. If it was in the motor trade I'd factor that by several times. Five grand per vehicle I would guess. For a cheap courtesy car I'd guess a lot of places don't bother and just use third party insurance.

I vaguely remember signing a disclaimer on my last test drive to say I was driving on my own third party insurance. I guess the garage take the risk. When I crashed a loaner Chrysler the garage just said 'don't worry, we'll fix it' and couldn't have cared less about the details of the others party (who was at fault).

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

The man gets the cigar - it was 12,000 quid! Now if the garagre concerned was to charge 20 pounds per hour, it would take 600 man-hours, 150 hours each - or 18.75 days x 4 just to earn the money to pay the insurance. And thats ignoring VAT and cororation tax on those earnings. Add in rates, employers Nation Insurance etc etc and it starts to look really scary! Th egarage concerned is thinking of closing down now due to these huge bills - everyone wants the work done, but doesn't want to pay fot it! It's hardly worth opening the doors these days, even though the workshop is fully booked. Many thanks, Claims Direct and the leeches in the legal profession! That could well be one less customer for us.....

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I was lucky that Halfords don't seem to know the correct price for a V8 dizzy cap - Lucas wanted loads and Halfords wanted about a fiver. They even had plenty of Bosch V8 plug lead sets (although in their books they list the Landrover 110v8 as a special parts order, yet show the same leads as fitting a RR 3.5 same vintage) - I looked at them out of the box and thought the coil lead was too short so I bought an extra coil lead, but the one in the kit fitted, all for about £22.

--

swap z's in email address for the above

Reply to
danny

On or around Fri, 05 Dec 2003 22:20:18 +0000, danny enlightened us thusly:

well, I hope the bosch leads are better than the ones I had, whereon the plug caps came apart when you tried to pull 'em off the plugs.

currently has a set of champion triple-silicone, which seem better and similar money.

I shall henceforth eschew bosch stuff, I reckon it's gone downhill. Was talking to Chris Perfect the other day who rates the fancy NGK iridium (or wotever they are) plugs. Which, co-incidentally, he's taken to selling :-)

some nice efi gas mixers the IWEMA lot are doing now, in various sizes up to

50mm, a 37mm one is now adorning my 2.8 ford. I reckon the ford might run with a 40mm, but none in stock.
Reply to
Austin Shackles