cool!

I want one!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Heh, the new model for your transit mod?

From the closeness of the bodywork to the wheels, doesn't seem to have much articulation, if any, I hope the tyres aren't pumped up hard!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Excellent pictures. I have printed off copies to send to my local LibDem Councillor. That should spoil her day

Alan

Reply to
Roberts

What *is* that? The bodywork I mean, not whatever is underpinning it. It looks identical to a late Tranny apart from the nose treatment!

Reply to
nully

I'd hate to be a patient in the back of that thing on those dunes!

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

It's a Gazele, and it's not a Transit:

Allen

On or around Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:40:04 GMT, Allen enlightened us thusly:

quite so. Actually, if I could find somewhere to buy 'em I'd be tempted, they do a 4x4 version and they do one with a 150bhp daimlerchrysler petrol engine among other variants.

GAZ have apparently bought LDV, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I know a Gazele dealer.... in the Czech Republic, but he's a good chap. I'll get you a load of info when I'm there in a couple of months. The Gazele crew cab is massive inside, and the 4x4 works bloody well. All LHD though.

Reply to
Pete M

It *is* a flagrant copy of a Tranny from the A post backwards, though, innit?

Reply to
nully

In the flesh it looks more like a Sprinter than anything.

Reply to
Pete M

On or around Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:17:42 +0000, Pete M enlightened us thusly:

that's the lights, I reckon. The body is certainly smiley-face transit, even the window cutouts are the same. Dunno about mechanically.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Heh, presumably its about exerting a low pressure on the ground rather than actual off-road ability.

They'll need it to deal with stuff like this:

Douglas Payne

Didn't Iveco turn out something very similar in a deal with Ford makers me wonder if this is an offspring of the globalisation marriage,

Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:24:25 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

I think the Iveco Daily was derived from a Fiat.

BTW, I'm after a set of wheels from a daily. Twin-wheel type, need 7 altogether. the 16" 6-stud ones with 170mm hole pitch are the ones of interest; as fitted to the Daily 35.nnn range, among others. There are larger 6-stud ones but they have the wrong hole pitch. I think they're something around a 5½J16 size, although they may not be J - something must tell whether they're taper fit or flat nuts.

They're (hopefully - need to check if the insurance will play ball) to go on the LDV which is on 14" wheels - 16" tyres are more common now - increasingly few vans are still on 14" - also a larger diameter wheel will roll better on rough surfaces, which is something where the LDV is not that good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles