crashbang wallop...

work/home safe.

I like the bendybus best.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Must be missing something, the link opens a page that plays some lovely music but nothing else????

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

The vid may be - but the 'Fuck a local girl' type ads are somewhat non-worksafe...

Reply to
Mother

Think, he got away with it, excepting of course, for an urgent need of a change of underwear.

Reply to
GbH

Ditto, not just you!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Insisted on downloading some Activex control before it would run. HTH David

Reply to
rads

I've tried emerging ActiveX on my gentoo linux box but it can't find it!

Ah well...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I've watched it several times, and still can't work out how the van accident happened. The only soluttion I can see is the other van spun and hit the first going backwards??

Reply to
Barleycorn

Nah, the van you see first is changing lane into the path of the other van, pushes him into the side wall, then there's a glitch on the tape and then they bounce out.

What worries me is the handling characteristics of cars in an emergency situation. They'd be better if they just spun like racing cars tend to do, but all this sliding sideways stuff is deadly. Or is it the drivers do you think? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

You are probably right, looking at it again. it's a shame they didn't do it a few yards later! Pretty horrible really, wouldn't have thought either of them walked away from it.

I should think that the worst thing that could happen would be a fire / explosion, as happened in that tunnel in Switzerland the other year.

Barleycorn.

Reply to
Barleycorn

looks to me that the second van ( not visible at the beginning) ran into the back of the front van hitting it on the right rear corner( just out of shot) which turns the front vehicle broadside on before it rolls at which point the second van comes into view if you stop the frame you can see the front left of the second truck is wiped out. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Oh you'd be surprised what people do walk away from. Couple of years ago I was in the middle lane of the M25 and got overtaken by a Honda Accord who quite properly indicated and moved back towards the middle lane. A small blue car shot out from the nearside lane and the Honda swerved to avoid him. The Honda started to spin at about 80mph, gripped, missed the blue car and shot across the motorway towards the hard shoulder. There was actually no hard shoulder but two further lanes of the sliproad. He crossed those and t-boned the armco, flew up into the air, landed on the boot, rolled onto the roof and slid at about 30 mph back across the two lanes of the sliproad gently overtaking me in the inside lane as I had braked hard by this time.

Before he had stopped moving my wife was calmly chatting to the emergency services. I remarked that it would be a fatal accident as bits of the car were all over the motorway, the air filter was out, the glass was all gone, the bonnet was off etc.

Aided by a van driver we pulled two kids out the back window ( as the car was smoking ), Mum out the side and Dad got out himself. The only injury was a bumped head on the mother and hysterics all round. Couldn't believe it.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

On or around Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:42:49 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

TBH, I'd not noticed. I tend to ignore that sort of crud around the edges of the thing I'm trying to watch..

mea culpa, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

She wasn't even local... :-(

Reply to
Mother

...and Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

"rads" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I think you need Macromedia flash player 8 installed for it to play. That's the Activx that it wants to download.

Liam

Reply to
Liam

Reply to
William Tasso

In article , Austin Shackles writes

Are you watching, Red Ken?

I'll certainly either catch the tube or walk in preference...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig