teehee

J**p cockup.

rest of site not guaranteed safe.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

would you like ice with that? expensive mistake! Derek

Reply to
Derek

I dont understand what is going on. Did they drag it all the way through the lake too?

Reply to
Tom Woods

It certainky looks like it. Call Mr. Suspicious though, but even allowing for the obviously well frozen ground there seems to be no disturbance of the ground made by the vehicle getting to where it got "stuck".......

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:19:42 +0000, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

dunno. 's hard to tell.

I think what happened is that they screwed up the original recovery, got it into an unwinchable position - about picture 4 from the top. The only way they could winch it from there is by using an enormously long rope from a long way back. At that point I think they decide the only way out is forwards, so they've attached a cable to the front and run it across the lake, then they let it into the lake and winch across - you can see the cable in the wide angle shots of the lake.. Looks like the almost lost C99... into the water as well, but managed to winch that back again.

They then appear to have found they couldn't get it out the other side, and called up the excavator to haul it up the other bank.

Apart from the glass and the bumper, it looks to have survived quite well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

and all the dents right down the side!..

Reply to
Tom Woods

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Well, up to a point, Lord Copper. I'm glad it isn't mine.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:52:20 +0000, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

that's "character". Or don't J**ps have "character"?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

I guess that's the big difference. A Land Rover in that condition looks well used or, at worst, a project. A J**p or any other Japcrap just looks a wreck.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Looks like one chap tried to drive across the top of a bank, got stuck, they tried to winch it down but it rotated through 90 degrees and went down the wrong side. They then tried to tow it through the lake (probably in "f*ck it" mode by that point) but the winch on the vehicle in the lake came off when it was close to the other side. Hence the JCB.

That's my reading of it anyway!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Here's the full story:

6725233 Nevillef

Reply to
nevillef

On or around Fri, 30 Dec 2005 08:46:24 GMT, "nevillef" enlightened us thusly:

link's got seriously mangled. try making it into a TinyURL.

Austin Shackles