Cruise control on a '97 HSE Rangie

Every time it goes into the dealer they "Cut back the hoses and refit" and consider this a fix. It lasts about two weeks. Do I just buy a new set of hoses and fit them and that will fix it forever?

I haven't looked at the RAVE disks yet to find out where/what the hoses are. Is there some reason they aren't selling me a set of hoses?

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

If they do that "every time" I'd be very suspicious. Hoses in cars tend to be of the correct length with very little lee way for "cutting back". You might be able to do it once or twice if the damage is right at the end but after that I have my doubts...

You keep coughing up for work that isn't curing the problem? My DII has had 2 or 3 new rocker gaskets since I had it, if it ever needs another one they are going to have an argument on their hands as they are not fixing the underlying fault. Things fail but they should fail repeatedly...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've done this fix on two (maybe three) Discos/Rangies and it has cured the problem - cured, as in no further problems within a reasonable timescale (2 years/20k miles). Cutting back the hoses (provided they are in good condition) and refitting gives you effectively a new hose, as they always seem to split at the joints. If the "fix" only lasts two weeks, then it isn't a fix, it's a bodge. I suspect that the hoses have deteriorated and are cracking up further down their length, in which case a new set is necessary.

Reply to
Rich B