CV Joint --- Boom...

OK had the Landy 6 weeks... Now I've broken it... (we'll it bust its self). I think the CV joints gone west up as it still drives when the Diff Locks in, but obviously no go when its not... Getting it sorted soon hopefully.

Anybody any idea how much this costs to repair. Warrenty "will" be covering it, but lets be careful about this eh...

Cheers David

Reply to
david.trevelyan.no

That sounds like a broken halfshaft more than a CV joint - not expensive to fix at all.

P.

Reply to
Paul Brown

As I understand it a busted CV joing will make orrible noises as you drive but a halfshaft will likely be quiet.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

As others have said, could also be a broken half shaft. Neither job too diffucult to do. I had a CV joint go on mine recently (without any horrible sounds), and it took me less than a day to replace it and cost £25 in parts.

Reply to
Pete Foster

Can anyone give me a rough idea how long a CV joint will last from obviously sounding "dodgy" to packing up completely based on a Landy

110 that has done all road miles (900 of them mostly motorway :-)).
Reply to
Dave

Anything from 10 miles to 1000 miles. They can suddenly go or go on making a racket for a long time.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Alex wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Absolute stuff and nonsense.

Time and date of failure can be predicted within a few seconds. It will simply happen when it is the most inconvenient for the driver. Put a time and date on that and you now know when it will fail.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around 16 Jun 2005 18:45:32 GMT, Derry Argue enlightened us thusly:

there's an element of truth in that.

If it's got to the point of rattling when cornering, it's not long for this world...

Reply to
Austin Shackles