D2 Autobox Reliability

Anyone got any experience or comments on the above?

Someone was telling me the other day they were replacing one or two around the 04/05 reg.

Reply to
hugh

Same basic box as the early disco but with electronic control. They all suffer the same failure modes, mainly premature wear of the main forward drive "A" clutch due to constant backpressure causing it to drag, the backpressure being caused by piston-ring type oil seals wearing grooves into the internal bore of the stator spigot and allowing pump pressure to bleed back to the "A" clutch. No.2 one-way sprag clutch can also fail, but normally only if the box has been abused. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Hugh, did you sell your 50th Anniversary 90 by any chance? I only ask, as someone I was in contact with over the weekend expressed an interest in obtaining an auto 90.

Neil

Neil

Not yet. Just had it serviced. One or two cosmetic things to sort out then I'll be putting it on the market - but if someone was to make me an offer.......

I've just put iridium spark plugs in and it goes like a dream.

Reply to
hugh

Drop me an email harvenfivethreeatbtopenworlddotcom changing words to numbers where appropriate. I can put the guy in contact with you. I haven't a clue what he's looking to pay though!

Neil

Neil

My Reply To address is valid - set it up in Feb 2005 anticipating loads of spam. Alternatively just replace news0205 with hugh

Reply to
hugh