Dakar 2006 photo's

...and Ian Rawlings spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

prophet from that..

Oh dear. Oh dear dear dear.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

No one expects the .....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it alright

Anybody know why Knoppix does sod all on my laptop?

:)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

How so ? When its black screened on one of my boxes, I drop the video resolution to something horrible and it seems to work.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Sorry, I was in a Hari.

*cough*

I'll get me vestments.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

...and Ian Rawlings spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Please Hajjust your dress before leaving.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

With my crystal ball out on loan I think I'd struggle without some clearer definition of 'sod all' - let's start with basics ... o does all hardware appear to work ok with another o/s? o does that knoppix boot ok on other hardware? o does 'sod all' occur immediately or after some activity?

Reply to
William Tasso

yep

never tried

pretty screen, then all white...

Haven't gone deeper yet - just messing....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Thank God you gentleman have nothing to do with running the country, all of this over a few pictures, and you are all of the topic of the original posting, not that it matters. Maybe you should all look for something like "alt.fan.P.C.'s" and you could break all records for the longest running "thread" as you call it. No mallice meant boys.

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

Sorry for the messiah-ve made of these dreadful puns.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hey, its all in the spirit of AFL. And its marked OT anyway.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

perhaps on another day

or not depending on your pov - or more specifically choice of UA

indeed, it does not.

oh my - nowhere near the longest and they're called threads by convention in much the same way that those black round wheel covers are called 'tyres'.

FWIW, if you are serious about presenting your business on the www, then you could do worse than ask for a review over at news:alt.html.critique - I reckon that a detailed discussion is just a little too o/t for AFL.

or if you're the type that rolls up their sleeves, perhaps take a look here for pointers...

likewise - this is only usenet, nobody dies (in real-time).

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Sun, 05 Feb 2006 13:08:50 +0000, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

You need whassisname's photo site.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Very few programming examples, but some interesting diagrams....

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

No problems with Firefox 1.5 or IE6 though it loads quicker with the Mozilla browser Derek

Reply to
Derek

It's very interesting, but hard to follow for a *non* techy type like me, even more so with all the spelling mistakes ;-)

I'll get me coat

Martin

Reply to
Oily