Member hopping parts

Hi guys , just an idea for you all to ponder over , I was and am looking for a bulkhead for my 2A but what I have noticed is its going to cost a bundle for delivery . Would it work if we all put our names and addresses into a database and shuttled parts up and down the country for each other. For example I travel 200 miles south to Glasgow to visit my parents, if anyone else drives a lorry for example it could be collected and taken on to the next southern address and so on , might be pony express but would be a damn sight cheaper than DHL (Did Happen to Lose it) May be Sundays stupid idea but it could have its uses. Cheers guys

Reply to
Paul N.E. Scotland

Could call it PTE, Posh Ted Express. Whare is he anyroad?

Reply to
GbH

Have you seen the 'inhouse' delivery service on ebay tenner upto 30kg ? btw no taking the mick out of Dont Hurry Lads thats my job as I work int' airfreight division Derek ( tyre kickin like a good'un)

Reply to
Derek

Have you asked Ian Sykes at 4allfours at Inverness if he knows of a bulkhead?There is also a guy in Broxburn who`s name escapes me at the moment who carries a lot of Land Rover parts.The best of them all for series parts was Jim Donaldson in Edinburgh but I haven`t saw him for years so don`t know if he`s still into them. As for your delivery idea,there are a few guys on a google engineering group who do just what you suggest and shuttle bits about all over the UK. regards,Mark.

Reply to
mark

Have you asked him anything and ever got a straight answer?? Hehehe, only joking Ian!

That'll be Alex "Axe-man" Lyndsey, used to be at Axwell house unless he's moved.

Is a brand-new SIII bulkhead any use, in Elgin?? A mate had one sitting in his garage, I think he still has it, but he hasn't got a landy anymore. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I and you lot just merged with my lot aswell Exel Middleton loaders

regards Nightshifter

Reply to
john oakes

I was born in Elgin, 9 Esmund Gardens to be precice in the font bedroom!

Reply to
Rory

Ah, that would make you a "Scaley brat", then?? ;-) Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I have my fingers X'd I hope the buggers make me redundant so I can get a decent better paying less stressed job at BnQ I have more years service then Moses. Derek

Reply to
Derek