Date for Indoor 4x4 Show confirmed

I can now confirm the date for the

British Indoor 4x4 Show 2004 - Sunday 15th February 2004

@ The Exhibition Centre Donington Park race track Castle Donington Derbs.

More details and maybe even a website soon...

Hope to see you all there. What about a NG meetup in the bar??

David LLAMA 4x4

Reply to
David_LLAMA4x4

At Last!!!! a ray of hope :-) with this years events seemingly over and Morph and Percy no where near completed aI have a target to work to which is realistic.

Dave, If I get to the bar I'll buy you a pint just for cheering me up...I'm getting withdrawal symtoms and Trentham didn't help as a final fix much...in fact one of my friends who was with the Ham radio guys on the Zil truck tended to suggest it'll never be at Trentham again...do you know anything? I know its all under developement and not before time but would be a shame to loose this local one even though it is seemingly in need of a shake-up (wouldn't like to try and arange one myself though)

Lee D.

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

The caravan park at Trentham is being closed as part of the redevlopment, so it is unclear if there will be any of the regular events next year. Even the L&CROC Interclub is threatened, after god knows how many years. It would seem caravanners and the like are no linger good enough for Stoke, so log cabins are being built instead - you know, the ones that magically turn into houses after a year or two......

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Yup! 'Fraid 'tis true - no more National 4x4 shows at Trentham. I was talking to Tom McGuigan at Peterborough which is when I learned this.

Apparently even though the caravan site is being closed for the re-development of the grounds, the owners/management were happy for Tom to continue to hold events there. It seems though, that the local residents(some with considerable influence apparently!) have objected strongly to the continuation of the show. :o(

On asking Tom if a return to Weston Park was an option, it seems that's not likely either! Shame really - that mud run was spectacular entertainment!

But he is organising the attempt on a world record for the longest procession of Landrovers ever, Tewkesbury I think.

Neil

Reply to
HN

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:50:54 +0100, HN made me spill my meths by writing:

Maybe he could plan that one around one of the other big Land Rover shows and tap the supply of already mobilised vehicles?

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Try Towcester racecourse 17-18 April 2004. I have a load of forms here for my club members.....

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (ex-Girlfriend, at the moment......) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs